Searching

  • Jim Toth
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2003
      Searching!

      Good evening friends! I wonder if you could indulge me for a few minutes. I
      am in need some assistance and thought maybe some of you on the list could
      offer some advice. I have been on the list for many years . I am a 65 years
      widower, following the ELCIC tradition all my life. I have a daughter who
      is a Lutheran pastor here in Regina, and I prepared for the ministry way
      back in 56-58 when I was a University. I received BA in type D arts - in
      preparation for entry into the ministry but changed to education. I also
      have a B.Ed and a Grad Dip in Ed Admin. In 1991 I was back at my seminary
      door in order to be ordained with my daughter. But my wife's critical
      health and near death ended that hope. Two weeks ago I went back to the Sem
      to see what options were open to me for ordination - but at present I would
      be required o spend one year on campus and take two more years after that
      with an internship - putting me at 70 when I could be ordained. If I went
      the Anglican way in Canada, there is a possibility could be ordained to a
      Parish in around one year. The Anglican way exists because I am in
      relationship with an Anglican priest who sees a great need in me to preach
      the gospel. I have been preaching as a lay person for 41 years now. I do
      not want the responsibility of a full time clergy - taking care of parish
      details etc. I simply would like to preach - and to get on with some new
      studies to keep my mind alert, and to keep my mind occupied.
      Do any of you have any suggestions as to how I may further my involvement
      in church work and work for the glory of God?
      Thanks,
      Jim - searching in Regina
    • AndrĂ© Lavergne
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 15, 2003
        Peace, friends.

        It has been a while since I posted news of an update to Lift Up Your Hearts
        <www.worship.ca>.

        The current edition contains the following items:
        * <http://www.worship.ca/whatsnew.html#xmas>Advent + Christmas +
        Epiphany Resources ~ Annual update in progress.
        * <http://www.worship.ca/whatsnew.html#agenda>Agenda for Worship ~
        October 31 edition on-line.
        * <http://www.worship.ca/whatsnew.html#blessing>Anglican Church of
        Canada ~ Diocese authorizes Blessing of Same-Gender Covenants.
        * <http://www.worship.ca/whatsnew.html#anglican>Anglican Church of
        Canada ~ ELCIC authorizes four BAS rites; publication due soon.
        * <http://www.worship.ca/whatsnew.html#bread>Breaking Bread... Breaking
        Boundaries ~ Fabulous ELCIC National Worship Conference.
        * <http://www.worship.ca/whatsnew.html#cct>CCT's Revised Common
        Lectionary Prayers ~ ELCIC authorizes prayers for trial-use.
        * <http://www.worship.ca/whatsnew.html#companions>Companion of the
        Worship Arts ~ Call for 2004 nominations.
        * <http://www.worship.ca/whatsnew.html#renew>ELCIC + Renewing Worship ~
        Summer '03 update published.
        * <http://www.worship.ca/whatsnew.html#wpc>ELCIC's Worship Planning
        Calendar ~ New format available.
        * <http://www.worship.ca/whatsnew.html#ord>Ordination and Consecration
        of a Bishop ~ NCC approves new rite.
        * <http://www.worship.ca/whatsnew.html#pray>Prayer Resources ~ Week of
        Prayer & World Day of Prayer.
        * <http://www.worship.ca/whatsnew.html#pcw>Program Committee for
        Worship ~ Report to ELCIC National Convention.
        * <http://www.worship.ca/whatsnew.html#birthright>Reclaiming Our
        Birthright ~ Twenty letters published.
        * <http://www.worship.ca/whatsnew.html#workbench>Worship Workbench ~
        Christian Worship and the Constantinian Captivity of the Church.
        * <http://www.worship.ca/whatsnew.html#conferences>Conferences &
        Society Meetings ~ Listings for 2003 and 2004.
        * <http://www.worship.ca/whatsnew.html#sites>Sites & Links ~ New and
        revised links.
        All blessings.

        André Lavergne,