Re: [liturgy-l] (Fwd) Proposed new Ground Hog Candlemas Liturgy

  • Bob White
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 30, 2003
      On 30 Jan 2003 at 11:29, Daniel Lawson wrote:

      > Not meaning to disparage Punxsutawney Phil (having made the pilgrimage
      > last February 2 to see him*), but this Liturgy seems rather
      > Pennsylvania-centric

      I happen to reside in Pennsylvania, but not that the writer of the
      liturgy in question is from the state of Washington.

      Every tradition has its holy places to which pilgrimage is to made
      without complaint of geocentricism.

      Bob

      + + + + + + + + + + +
      To listen to some devout people, one would imagine that God never
      laughs. -----Aurobindo Ghose, Indian philosopher (1872-1950)

      Pastor Robert White
      Christ the Redeemer Lutheran Church (ELCA)
      863 Silliman Ave.
      Erie, PA USA 16511-2060
      814-899-3264
      email: rwhite@...
      church: christredeemer@...
    • Cody C. Unterseher <oblate21@yahoo.co.uk>
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 4, 2003
        I'm trying to coordinate liturgy at a somehat major conference next
        week, so I'm playing catchup; i.e., I'm a few days behind.

        I shared this with one of the campus chaplains I work with, an OSB.
        He suggested an alternate hymn, "Hark! The Groundhog's Chorus
        Sings: Six More Weeks 'til You See Spring". This is the same monk
        who suggests the line in the original "Hark! The Herald. . . " which
        reads, "Pleased as man with man to dwell. . . " be inclusivised to
        read "Pleased as punch with us to dwell. . . "

        OSB's : the order without order. (I can say that -- I'm an Oblate
        OSB).

        Pax et rodentium,
        Cody
      • John Dornheim
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 4, 2003
          Cody C. Unterseher wrote:

          >I'm trying to coordinate liturgy at a somehat major conference next
          >week, so I'm playing catchup; i.e., I'm a few days behind.
          >
          >I shared this with one of the campus chaplains I work with, an OSB.
          >He suggested an alternate hymn, "Hark! The Groundhog's Chorus
          >Sings: Six More Weeks 'til You See Spring". This is the same monk
          >who suggests the line in the original "Hark! The Herald. . . " which
          >reads, "Pleased as man with man to dwell. . . " be inclusivised to
          >read "Pleased as punch with us to dwell. . . "

          Hubert H. Humphrey lives!

          John Dornheim

          --
          "In the days ahead we must not consider it unpatriotic to raise certain
          basic questions about our national character. We must begin to ask, 'Why