Re: [liturgy-l] Re: St. Michael and All Angels

  • Michael Beasley
    Message 1 of 76 , Oct 1, 2002
      My wife keeps asking why SAINT Michael? He was an archangel, says she,
      and not a Saint, so why do we call him SAINT Michael!

      Michael Beasley
    • Theodore R. Lorah, Jr.
      Message 76 of 76 , Oct 10, 2002
        A verse is a rhythmic, rhyme unit in a poem. In hymns, a stanza is one set
        of words that fit the tune when sung through once. Sometimes the stanza can
        change depending on whether, for example, the tune is CM or CM doubled.
        However, the author usually has a sense of what s/he wants in a stanza.
        Needless to say, what we sing one time through the tune is not a verse, but
        probably a couple verses, even though it is one stanza.

        Ted Lorah