Re: [liturgy-l] Sacred Heart

  • fcsenn@aol.com
    Message 1 of 40 , Jul 1, 2000
      In a message dated 7/1/00 4:47:43 PM Central Daylight Time, trjack@...
      writes:

      << On the current Roman Rite, today is the memorial of the Immaculate Heart
      of
      Mary, another relative late entry into the calendar. But it just happens
      to fall on July 1st this year. It is now a movable feast that falls on the
      Saturday following the second Sunday after Pentecost. However, I assume
      this was done to link it with the feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. I
      don't think it is considered an octave of Holy Saturday. :) >>

      Perhaps not, but the weekly votive mass for Saturday was "de domine
      officium." Since "domine" is feminine, I take it that this refers to "our
      lady."

      FCSenn
    • Sean W. Reed
      Message 40 of 40 , Jun 16, 2007
        --- In liturgy-l@yahoogroups.com, "James Keeling" <jameskeeling@...>
        wrote:

        > Dear Sean
        >
        > That is a comprehnsive article. Thank you.
        >
        > The Eucharist I attended was in an Anglican Church is this devotion
        found
        > (liturgically) much in none RC churches, I wonder.
        >
        > Best wishes
        >
        > James
        >
        > eBay Anglican liturgy books @ * http://tinyurl.com/4geg8 Go look!*

        Our Mass yesterday was of the feast and we keep the Octave as well in
        addition to First Friday Devotions.

        I may from time to time miss a Friday, but I seldom miss a First Friday.

        The Blessed Virgin was VERY clear in what she said in her vision to
        St. Margaret Mary.

        Glad the article helped.

        Sean Reed