9017Re: Vestments & Ecumenical Gatherings

  • dollpka
    Jun 4, 2002
      > --- In liturgy-l@y..., "alexdb20008" <alexdb20008@y...> wrote:
      > To follow up last week's conversations about vesting in ecumenical
      > settings, this weekend at the Washington National Cathedral, the Rt.
      > Rev. John Bryson Chane was consecrated and enthroned as the Eighth
      > Episcopal Bishop of Washington. The spectacular consecration
      > Eucharist provided an opportunity to see the diversity of ecumenical
      > vesture on full display.
      >
      > Visiting bishops: the Greek Orthodox bishop wore cassock and
      > stovepipe hat (I forget its proper name).
      >
      > Quite the variety on display.
      > Alex

      I visited the site:
      http://www.edow.org/news/photos/consecration.html
      and looked at the pictures. The only bishop in a cassock that I
      saw looked like he had an Armenian "hat" rather than a Greek "hat".
      Are you sure that this was a Greek bishop? Do you know the name?
      Armenians have pointy hats while Greeks/Orthodox have flat ones.

      Kenneth Doll

      That would be: "The only bishop _in_ a cassock..."
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic