44551Re: [liturgy-l] Easter Vigil developments

  • Ormonde Plater
    Apr 26, 2014

      > AND - What do you do with your 'old' Easter Candle? <

      In a congregation where I was assigned as deacon many years ago, the Sunday school kids made a paschal candle during Lent, using the old candle and other used candles for wax (always including bee’s wax). They poured the molten wax into a cardboard tube, with a cotton cord stretched tightly through the middle, for the wick. As I recall, there was a lot of trial and error to the process, but the result was worth the effort.

      Ormonde Plater

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic