44425Re: [liturgy-l] Silent Canon

  • wx5116
    Oct 14 12:59 PM
      I know one US Anglo-Catholic parish that on some occasions would use a silent canon, and since the faithful did not hear it really did not know which one was being used other than being aware of the actions through bells and genuflections.  The Sanctus basically covered over the part up to just before the Words of Institution, and then the Benedictus covered the rest up to the Pater Noster - in other words, the same historic pattern as in a Sung TLM.
      David Lewis
      Arlington VA USA
      In a message dated 10/14/2013 3:53:32 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, scottknitter@... writes:
      On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 2:50 PM, <dlewisaao@...> wrote:
      > In the Anglican Patrimony, much of the Mass is Cranmer but the Eucharistic Prayer is the Roman Canon which predates Cranmer.

      Some priests who have used the English Missal spoke Cranmer's canon
      aloud but said the Roman Canon silently around it (part before
      Cranmer's and part after). Made sure all bases were covered, or

      Scott R. Knitter
      Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional