44419Re: [liturgy-l] Deposition

    Oct 11, 2013
      If a priest has left the denomination, why would he care if he's deposed? Why would the National Church *not* depose a cleric who has aligned with another denomination?

      On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 11:24 AM, Sean Reed <anglican@...> wrote:

      What is at the bottom Scott?  I was merely giving an honest reflection on the common perception among those to whom this has been done by your denomination against those who chose to leave.  It is simply how it is viewed.

      That being said, my advice is sound about watching out for possible legal ramifications, particularly when a serious topic is involved - one other than so called "abandonment of communion."

      SWR

      On Oct 10, 2013, at 10:17 AM, Scott Elliott <deaconse@...> wrote:

      Thank you. This list gets rather snarky sometimes, but there's usually a run-up. This was not a race, but a dive, to the bottom.

      Scott Elliott, Deacon,
      Episcopal Diocese of Chicago

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic