44412Re: [liturgy-l] Christian Funerals

    Oct 10 6:20 AM
      Subject: [liturgy-l] Christian Funerals

      I'm trying to come up with a collection of prayers and rites for Christian funerals that could be adapted for a contemporary arrangement of the novena. I would like to ask for your contributions (of prayers and rites), either official texts, originally written or adapted forms that could enrich this collection.

      The funeral ceremonies in the USCCB collection "The Rites" (Collegeville) have a marvellous selection of texts and prayers for every imaginable vigil and wake. The focus on the baptismal covenant and the Resurrection is quite magnificent.