44399Re: [liturgy-l] Apostles Creed

    Sep 20, 2013
      I've never been at an Anglican mass that used the Apostles' Creed instead of the Nicene.

      On Sep 20, 2013, at 4:47 PM, Ian Gomersall <ian.gomersall@...> wrote:

      Yes, Scott, that is what I've found too.

      Although Anglican we prefer the Apostles' Creed to the Nicene at Sunday Mass too.

      Ian
      An Inclusive Church? What does that mean? Thoughts at: www.stchrysostoms.wordpress.com

      On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 2:49 AM, Scott Knitter <scottknitter@...> wrote:

      On Sun, Sep 15, 2013 at 7:53 PM, Douglas Cowling
      <cowling.douglas@...> wrote:
      > Is the Apostles' Creed still an alternative to the Nicene Creed (it was in
      > the Novo Ordo), or was it suppressed in the new Missale Romanum?

      Still there. The new Missal has this (at least in the St. Paul version):

      "Instead of the Niceno-Constantinopolitan Creed, especially during
      Lent and Easter Time, the baptismal Symbol of the Roman Church, known
      as the Apostles' Creed, may be used."

      --
      Scott R. Knitter
      Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA