44398Re: [liturgy-l] Apostles Creed

  • Ian Gomersall
    Sep 20, 2013
      Yes, Scott, that is what I've found too.

      Although Anglican we prefer the Apostles' Creed to the Nicene at Sunday Mass too.

      Ian
      An Inclusive Church? What does that mean? Thoughts at: www.stchrysostoms.wordpress.com

      On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 2:49 AM, Scott Knitter <scottknitter@...> wrote:

      On Sun, Sep 15, 2013 at 7:53 PM, Douglas Cowling
      <cowling.douglas@...> wrote:
      > Is the Apostles' Creed still an alternative to the Nicene Creed (it was in
      > the Novo Ordo), or was it suppressed in the new Missale Romanum?

      Still there. The new Missal has this (at least in the St. Paul version):

      "Instead of the Niceno-Constantinopolitan Creed, especially during
      Lent and Easter Time, the baptismal Symbol of the Roman Church, known
      as the Apostles' Creed, may be used."

      --
      Scott R. Knitter
      Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA