      From: Douglas Cowling
      Sent: Monday, 15 July 2013 15:01
      To: Liturgy-Well-Done
      Reply To: liturgy-l@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [liturgy-l] Tablet: "Lapsed Catholics can join ordinariate" - 12
      July 2013

      From: David Waller <d.a.waller@...>
      Subject: Re: [liturgy-l] Tablet: "Lapsed Catholics can join ordinariate" - 12 July 2013

      c) not only envisages it as having an evangelistic role but makes it very clear th at it is an equal jurisdiction within the Church and an appropriate vehicle for receiving those catholics who have not received 1st Communion and/or confirmation.

      If the Ordinariate is an equal jurisdiction, why can it not receive converts who are new to the faith and upbaptised? It reminds me of the old restriction on the Uniates that a new convert could not join one of the Eastern rites, but had to join the Latin rite.

      Still sounds like a two-caste system.