      To: liturgy-l@yahoogroups.com
      From: sjziobro7@...
      Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 23:44:30 -0400
      Subject: Re: [liturgy-l] relic

      Is the relic in what is called a thecla or relic holder, something like a pix with a glass cover, or is it simply wrapped in paper and sealed with a red sealing wax?  The latter were generally enclosed in a small receptacle embedded in an altar; the former were used for veneration of the Saint whose relic was contained therein.  In either case I don't understand why your pastor would want to install the relic in the floor of the sanctuary.  What is his raitonale for this decision?

      Stan