40733Re: [liturgy-l] Re: How to wear a concical chasuble

    Apr 2, 2011
      The best chasubles in terms of arm movements would be the fiddleback kind.
      Don't know where the tassels come from on solemn mass dalmatics and
      tunicles but most such vestments I've seen tend to have them.

      David

      In a message dated 4/2/2011 6:25:07 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      johndornheim@... writes:

      Many of us Lutherans wear chasubles but I haven't seen them as long as
      pictured so arm movements, etc are not encumbered. I am not enamored with the
      style that makes the presided appear to be wearing a bib.
      John Dornheim

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Apr 2, 2011, at 5:55 PM, "James" <rdrjames@...> wrote:

      > It is an RC 'traditionalist' site, but the post might apply to Anglicans
      and even Western Rite Orthodox who want to wear conical chasubles. I was
      not attempting to demean anyone here, please?

      > Rdr. James
      > PS Many 'traditionalist' RC priests seem to prefer the Borromeo or other
      'Roman' chasuble, or even the fiddleback kind, and at solemn masses have
      those dalmatics and tunicles with flaps for the arms and large ropey tassel
      things hanging from the back (wonder where they came from?)

      > And in case anyone is interested, I'm a devotee of liturgical apparal
      like gremiales and vinpae and buskins and such, along with elongated mitres
      (like the Armenians wear) and even maniples with little shovels on their
      ends.

      > In western vestments I prefer Gothic moderation, like the nice rose set
      that I sent here.

      > Rdr. James
      >
      > --- In liturgy-l@yahoogroups.com, "Sean W." <skreed1@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Could you explain more fully the introductory comment?
      > >
      > > SWR
      >
      > > --- In liturgy-l@yahoogroups.com, "Rdr James" <rdrjames@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Interesting website even if it RC

      http://www.tridentinum.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=378%3Acome-si-indossa-la-casula-gotica&catid=37%3Ablog-category&Itemid=10