40732Re: [liturgy-l] Re: How to wear a concical chasuble

    Apr 2 6:22 PM
      Sarum Use Lenten Array would be unbleached linen, but Holy Week Sarum array
      would be oxblood red.

      David

      In a message dated 4/2/2011 7:49:28 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      lhwhitaker@... writes:

      I thought Sarum Array was unbleached linen?

      Lew

      On Sat, Apr 2, 2011 at 7:47 PM, Frank Senn <fcsenn@...> wrote:

      > I have a conicle chasuble with our Holy Week Sarum red array. Like all
      our
      > vestments and paraments it was made by a woman in our congregation with
      my
      > design suggestions. The mistake we made was not giving it more of a bell
      > shape. It hangs straight down from the shoulders. So it's a little
      > trickier to gather it up and over my arms. One of the problems with the
      > conicle style is that it bunches up in the front and hangs long in the
      > back. But from this I can see how the "Byzantine cut" originated from
      the
      > original design.
      >
      > Frank C. Senn

      Anglicans
      > and even Western Rite Orthodox who want to wear conical chasubles. I was
      not
      > attempting to demean anyone here, please?
      >

      > > Rdr. James
      >
      > > PS Many 'traditionalist' RC priests seem to prefer the Borromeo or
      other
      > 'Roman' chasuble, or even the fiddleback kind, and at solemn masses have
      > those dalmatics and tunicles with flaps for the arms and large ropey
      tassel
      > things hanging from the back (wonder where they came from?)
      >

      > > And in case anyone is interested, I'm a devotee of liturgical apparal
      > like gremiales and vinpae and buskins and such, along with elongated
      mitres
      > (like the Armenians wear) and even maniples with little shovels on their
      > ends.
      >

      > > In western vestments I prefer Gothic moderation, like the nice rose set
      > that I sent here.
      >

      > > Rdr. James
      >

      > > --- In liturgy-l@yahoogroups.com, "Sean W." <skreed1@...> wrote:
      >

      > > > Could you explain more fully the introductory comment?
      >

      > > > SWR

      http://www.tridentinum.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=378%3Acome-si-indossa-la-casula-gotica&catid=37%3Ablog-category&Itemid=109&la
      ng=en