36359Re: [liturgy-l] Varieties of Lutherans

    Sep 1, 2009
      Then there are some of the contemporary Evangelical/Charismatic parishes
      within the Anglican Communion in the US (either Episcopal or Anglican Church
      of North America) whose worship uses the Prayer Book only incidentally and
      may come across as Misc Protestant. Plus various congregations in the
      United Methodist, Presbyterian, etc Churches that are into praise bands and
      choirs and the words of hymns projected onto a screen ...

      David

      In a message dated 9/1/2009 7:58:41 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      cantor03@... writes:

      All three small groups had parishes in Eau Claire, Wisconsin,
      a City where I lived for 50 years. The Church of the Lutheran
      Brethren of America is hardly recognizable as Lutheran, at least
      liturgically, and seems to resemble Baptist worship more than
      what I am used to calling Lutheran.