30077Re: [liturgy-l] Crafting the Printed Liturgical Book

  • Ron Miller
    May 2, 2007
      A alternative suggestion would be to buy a decently printed and bound
      Bible and take a few minutes each week or two and mark the lessons by
      hand with notes for liturgical date and the beginning and end of each
      reading. After two years you will have a useful book which can be used
      for other purposes as well. (If you include at the end of each reading
      the citation for the next one when they are not contiguous even fairly
      dense lectors should be able to find their way.)

      The fact that our Pension Fund sells these things does not make them
      official or required. The convenience comes at the costs you, James, and
      Simon make. The market for Episcopal liturgical books is so small that
      the costs can not be kept low enough for us to buy them.

      End of screed!!! Best wishes, Ron

      --
      Ron Miller (The Rev. Ronald H.) Baltimore, MD
      Every individual will receive from God the amount of indulgence he has