  • Tom Poelker
    Aug 3, 2004
      I'm working on an essay that seems to want to organize itself around
      clichés concerning liturgy which are often used or abused argumentatively.
      So far I've referenced

      The church has always supported the arts.

      Shouldn't we give our best to God?

      One can only get out of liturgy what one puts in to it.

      Liturgy is worship.

      Liturgy is meant to praise God.

      Liturgy is the prayer of the whole church.

      The priest is the image of Christ..

      Good music is essential to liturgy.

      Any further clichés or rephrasings of the above, with or without your
      visceral responses, would be greatly appreciated.

      Tom Poelker
      St. Louis MO
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic