Re: 1:32 S.A.S.

  • Jay
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 2, 2013
      yeah, pretty poor detailing here. thanks for that new ray info. will be looking for the original set. not to buy but just to get an idea of how the originals look like. not much of a modern era collector.

      --- In littlewars@yahoogroups.com, Curtis Carpenter <cavcurt@...> wrote:

      > Those are not very good copies of New Ray SWAT guys. They could be SAS if you want them to be. The Airfix SAS are modeled after the Princess Gate Hostage Rescue in the 80's.
      >

      > Curtis Carpenter
      > cavcurt@...

    • Gerardo Vazquez
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 4, 2013

        FYI, Airfix is planning on re-issuing the SAS figures later this year :)

        Gerardo

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 4, 2013
          Jay,

          those figures have been re-cloned for the past few years, on and off, as someone mentioned, think they were originally New Ray, you could find them in bagged sets here in the US with some accessories...

          Here's another pic of the figures off my website, just scroll to the top of the page :)

          Gerardo

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 5, 2013
            i guess i have the whole set based on the pic on your site. i'm not sure what i'll do with these but will try to paint a few up just to see.

            --- In littlewars@yahoogroups.com, "Gerardo Vazquez" <thedustyloft@...> wrote:

            > Jay,
            >
            > those figures have been re-cloned for the past few years, on and off, as someone mentioned, think they were originally New Ray, you could find them in bagged sets here in the US with some accessories...
            >
            > Here's another pic of the figures off my website, just scroll to the top of the page :)
            >
            > http://www.toysoldiersdepot.com/store.php/thedustyloft/pg3958/about_us
            >
            > Gerardo

          • lonewarrior_2000
            Message 5 of 8 , May 3 10:02 AM
              Jay,
              I was looking through a box of my collection that I packed away a couple of years ago and came across these. See my 'Les NEW TOYS' album for pics.
              GLOBO TOYS of Italy made Italian Polizia figures a couple of yeas ago which I believe are still available in most tourist areas of Italy.
              The set represents Special Forces for the 3 major police forces in Italy, Polizia de Stato (medium Blue), Carabinieri (Dark Blue) Guardia Di Finanza (Grey). Each section of the package contains the same 8 figs, 4 SAS type and 4 US police type plus a group of extra weapons.
              These figs are originally NEWRAY TOYS which are sold on to many toy companies around the world. They did a Military range and a smaller Police range.They produced their sets in different colour schemes for most of the European countries, the following Police sets have been seen by other collectors.
              Belgian POLICE. Figs in Blue, vehicles in Dark Blue
              French Gendarmerie. Figs in Blue, vehicles in Bright Blue
              German POLIZEI.Figs in Green, vehicles in Bright Green
              Spanish GUARDIA CIVIL.Figs in Green, Vehicles in Green and White.
              Netherlands POLITIE. Figs in Blue, vehicles in Orange and White.

              The Police sets are catalogue number 61023 and were offered in 2 boxed sets. One with a diecast metal Hughes Helicopter with the 4 SAS type poses and the other a diecast Ford Transit Van with the 4 US police poses.
              The Modern Military sets were much more numerous and included 7 foot soldiers and 3 vehicle drivers(only available with vehicles), a hughes helicopter,a 2 seater helicopter, a HUMVEE with recoiless rifle mounted , HUMVEE with minigun, artillery piece, assault boat,
              Jeep, Dune buggy, Quad bike, Dirt Bike and various support weapons.

              So something to keep a lookout for on your travels.

              The AIP sets could be adapted into others if you are into converting. I'm currently converting some into Military Contractors to go with a HUMMER I picked up.
              What about the Britains Super Deetail SAS, only 4 poses but nice figures and of course AIRFIX will be re-issuing their 1980's SAS in August 2013.
              There is a set of Russian Special Forces available, 8 figures, 5 in berets and 3 in helmets and body armour.variously listed as POlICE, OMON or SPESNATZ. I will take a pic and put it in my album shortly.

              Hope this info helps.
              Best Reagrds,
              Les