30 minute multi-media presentation -- "Road to Freedom: Lithuania"

  • Kenmunications
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2010
      Hello / Sveiki,

      Now is the long New Year's 2010 weekend ...
      today, I am sorting my e-mails from 2009 ...
      I found something, a multi-media presentation: about Lithuania,
      which I think that you may wish and would enjoy to see ...

      Perhaps, it would be appropriate to send this on February 16
      (Lithuania's National Day);
      but, why wait ?
      And, perhaps you have some time this weekend,
      to watch a thirty-minute film ...

      Title: "*Road to Freedom: Lithuania*"
      by Dr. Darius Udrys (of Los Angeles, California, USA)
      released February 16, 2009
      about Lithuania, during the period from ~1792, to the present.

      *English language:* http://blip.tv/file/1772859
      (Angliskai kalba)

      <http://blip.tv/file/1772859>*Lietuviu kalba:*
      http://blip.tv/file/1770829
      <http://blip.tv/file/1770829>(Lithuanian language)

      ***********MY C O M M E N T**************
      --My critical analysis is that the presentation is excellent ...

      --For Lithuanians, this presentation will be: highly emotional and
      patriotic, enhance remembrance and understanding of our history, and be
      useful to share with non-Lithuanians ...

      --For non-Lithuanians (and notably for students), this presentation will
      assist in the understanding of Lithuania, especially in the 20th century ...
      the presentation would be highly-suitable for groups; although such would
      benefit from simultaneous commentary by someone who is familiar /
      knowledgeable with what is being portrayed ...

      ***************************Some
      details****************************************
      --In the first one-half of the presentation:
      most of the city photos are of Kaunas (Vilnius was occupied by Poland
      ~1919-~1939) ... notice the 1920--1940 Lithuanian prosperity, which
      disappeared under the Soviet system ... notice (towards the end) the Kaunas
      photos of some Lithuanian civilians persecuting Jews ...

      --In the second-half of the presentation:
      note the German troops slaughtering en-masse the Jews ... note the swastika
      on the Vilnius cathedral ... in the 1989--1991 period coverage, note the
      Soviet tanks crushing civilians ... note the huge cannons on the tanks,
      which had surrounded the parliament while the elected representatives inside
      were withdrawing Lithuania from the USSR (one tank-cannon shot would have
      destroyed the parliament building) ... note the street barricades, erected
      by the people, against the Soviet assembled forces ... note the mass-protest
      assemblies of people demanding Lithuania's freedom from the USSR ...

      *************************technical note***********************************

      --for best viewing: use 'full-screen', 'high-quality' settings, with sound
      'on'
      --you may have difficulty viewing, if you have a slow Internet connection,
      or an old computer; if you still have difficulty viewing, then ask a
      teenager for help !!! "Kids-these-days" seem to well understand such
      things... !! :)

      ***********************And: ANOTHER !!!
      ***************************************

      If you enjoy the above-cited presentation,
      perhaps you might enjoy another presentation by Dr.Udrys:

      "Millennium"
      http://blip.tv/file/2324260
      *
      English language-- Angliskai kalba
      *

      "Tukstatmetis"
      http://blip.tv/file/2324548
      Lietuviu kalba -- Lithuanian language

      --This presentation presents the historic events of Lithuania from ~1,000+
      years ago: from the founding of Lithuania to the first mention of
      'Lithuania', to the defeat of the Teutonic Knights; to about 1569.
      --I had some difficulty understanding this presentation; I will want to
      re-view, and to discuss with some friends who are knowledgeable with ancient
      LT history ...

      --I understand that Dr. Udrys has also produced another presentation,
      (which I have not yet located):
      "*Republic*" (released November 2009).

      Best regards,
      --date/data: 2010-01-03
      Ken-Russell Slade,
      B.S., M.Ed., M.R.E., J.D.
      Kęstutis Sladkevičius
      kenmunications@... (or) english.lithuania@...
      mob. tel. (+370-6) 035-9513
      Writer & English Language Consultant, Text Editor, & Instructor
      Rašytojas, privatus anglų kalbos konsultantas, redaktorius ir mokytojas
      Accredited media reporter, by Lithuanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
      Reporteris, akreditavamo Kortelė Nr. 177/0901 (Lietuvos Respublika, URM)

      SKYPE: ken_munications