  • csjbusph
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 21, 2002
      They say that a writer not only shows his work to others to be
      criticized, but asks of "everything" as well. This is why I'm asking
      you for advice.

      I am writing a novel dedicated on mythology. I have a few questions,
      though:

      1. Many say that your protagonists or characters must not be
      flawless/perfect because it will be boring. Should I listen to them
      or not? Since I am writing about gods and goddesses, it would
      be "weird" to add weaknesses to them.

      2. I am more interested in giving the characters the attributes that
      are "realistic" to their kind. This means that all of them(whether
      they are purely evil or not) should have dignity as the gods do. All
      their moves and actions should also be perfect, and their appearance
      (if any) must be very much related to their function(s). Should I
      give them human qualities to make them interesting or not?

      3. Should I give "clues" regarding the events that will appear
      somewhere in the story? Is this correct?

      A. A certain seed is planted.
      B. A war is currently happening
      C. The seed became a tree

      Of course, the tree and the seed have nothing to do with the war,
      but can the above technique be used?