welcome to the world at the edges of thi

  • captivated2001
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2002
      Just a quick note to introduce myself and my
      website, fictive which you can find at www.fictive.co.uk.
      Amazingly this site is now on it's ninth incarnation but I
      think I may have got it right on this
      ocassion!!!<br><br>The site is inspired by the idea that human life,
      ever more complex, flourishes in an atmosphere of
      storytelling. That storytelling is the way we explore the
      boundaries of what we understand and that what we understand
      is very little, almost entirely composed of the
      stories we tell about the world, stories which disguise
      and reveal in equal measure.<br><br>I like the
      analogy with fractals, which I think provide a brilliant
      illustration of the way in which you can look at the world in
      ever finer detail, as stories within stories within
      stories, there is always another to tell. <br><br>fictive
      is relaunching on Monday March 4th 2002, with new
      stories, new quotations and a new archive of fiction from
      the US, Somewhere in America.<br><br>Take a look!
      Pass on the URL! Submit a story!<br><br>Best