self introduction

  • Asher Black
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 14, 2002
      As it's customary in other forums in which I participate, for one who joins
      to introduce oneself, always excepting the shy or cautious lurker, and not
      having any acquaintances here to introduce me, I'll introduce myself,
      having just joined your auspicious forum.

      I'm Asher Black. I write short fiction, when I have courage to match the
      requisite strength (or vice versa), have been guilty, on occasion, of
      poetry, been accused of other forms of writing in various unsavory venues
      (though none of those charges have been made to stick), currently manage,
      edit, and even work in various capacities for The Green Man Review (
      www.greenmanreview.com ), ramrod a little magazine that's 'premiering'
      (copy editors forgive me) at Christmass -- MYTHOLOG ( www.mytholog.com ),
      am in nebulous ways associated with an irregular magazine that's been on
      hold for a year after ragging out in its most recent issue (that's Modern
      Heresy at, you guessed it, www.modernheresy.com ), and am suspected of ties
      under various noms de plume to publications that I think best left
      unmentioned, but for which I want no credit nor dare any blame.

      Having said all of this, disturbing the quiet or unquiet, as it may be, of
      your honorable list, and having at present a common and therefore rather
      tedious cold, I'll bid such fine folk as here may be a good night until
      tomorrow.

      yours,

      Asher Black
      Editor-in-Chief