How sad is this.

  • jim
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 23, 2005
      Hi. I just joined this group. My name is Jim Bronaugh and I am
      working on the basics of a first novel.

      I looked at the membership of this group and found that most of the
      email is still active, but no one seems to care about posting or
      engaging in any exchage. There are 64 members here, and no activity.

      I find that to be sad. What a treasure is being lost. No one talking.
      Everyone waiting for the next thought without sharing any of their
      own. I don't know if the membershiop is composed of mostly lurkers,
      or if the group prefers private email to communicate, but it sems a
      waste all the same.

      I have joined groups where there was no activity, and when I started
      to post and try to interact, it seemed to make several people very
      angry. If that is the case here, please tell me, and I will move
      along.

      My writing has only gotten better with the help of others. If you
      hide your work out of fear, it remains stagnant and continues to
      smell bad. You need to stir it up a bit.

      Best regards

      Jim Bronaugh
    • Mka. Thea Swanson
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 23, 2005
        Hi Jim,

        I do not write because life is so busy, I have to pick and choose at this
        point. Perhaps more discussion will ensue. Give it a try. Post something
        and see what happens.

        Here's a question for the list I may have asked when I first joined; I don't
        remember: Have any of you had a short story published in a literary
        journal? This is what I am working on currently.

        Take care.

        Write on.

        Thea

[...]

        _____