Trina Allen's E-letter

  • Trina Allen
    Message 1 of 3 , May 5, 2005
      Trina Allen's E-letter

      E-mail: trinaallen@...

      Web site: http://www.trinaallen.com

      Hello friends!

      My favorite short story, To Live Again, is now in print (no longer available Online). I do not proclaim it is my best story, but I enjoyed writing it more than anything else I've written. Vanquisher may be a ghost in To Live Again, (you'll have to read the story to decide), but he was real to me when I needed him. May he rest in peace!

      "Fighting scars crisscrossed Van's face, one ear tattered and torn. Van, once known as The Vanquisher, cocked his yellow head and whined, panting in the North Carolina heat. He cocked his good ear, barked and backed up on his haunches, his scarred front legs stretched out in a doggie bow. Allison laughed the first genuine laugh she'd had in years."

      To Live Again is now available in Fully Bully's IX and X issues. For more information, or to order the serialized story go to http://www.cafepress.com/fullybully

      New at trinaallen.com

      Click on the link for my list of recommended books http://www.trinaallen.com/recommendedbooks.html

      View a list of the best books I've read over the last few years, books that made me think, and kept me thinking long after I read the last page. Books that transported me to that magical place in my imagination where just about anything can happen.

      Based on my freelance editing experience, I've added two articles for writers to the Storm of Thought Writing Center page. Listed below are links to the articles.

      Making the Cut: the most common mistakes fiction writers make and how to avoid them http://www.trinaallen.com/makingthecut_commonmistakesfictionwritersmake.html

      To Market, to Market: Steps toward Publication http://www.trinaallen.com/tomarkettomarket_stepstowardpublication.html

      If you haven't been to http://www.trinaallen.com recently, check it out. I continually update the site and welcome your feedback, as always. Happy reading!

      I'd love to hear from you. Drop me a line or two.

      Cheers,

      Trina Allen

      Life does not consist mainly, or even largely, of facts and happenings. It consists mainly of the storm of thought that is forever flowing through one's head. -- Mark Twain

    • Trina Allen
      Message 2 of 3 , May 20, 2005
        Trina Allen's E-letter

        E-mail: trinaallen@...

        Web site: http://www.trinaallen.com

        Hello friends!

        As subscribers to my E-letter, many of you have read "Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder... a Teacher's Perspective." I am excited to share that an excerpt from the article is currently in Education Today Magazine, Issue 2, Term 2, 2005. To read the excerpt go to http://www.education-today.co.nz/ and subscribe Online. Of course, you can still view the entire article on my site at http://www.trinaallen.com/attentiondeficithyperactivedisorder.html

        ADHD, or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, is a label given to children and adults who suffer from inattention, impulsivity, hyperactivity, and boredom. ADHD is one of the most common mental disorders among children. The National Institute of Mental Health reports that three to five percent of all children - perhaps as many as two million American children - are diagnosed with ADHD, an average of at least one child in every classroom in the United States.

        Many educators believe that ADHD is over diagnosed and overmedicated, the result of bad teaching, bad parenting, and willful disobedience by children. Read classroom scenarios and information from the literature on the very real disorder.

        If you haven't been to http://www.trinaallen.com recently, check it out. As always, I welcome your feedback on my writing and the site. Happy reading!

        I'd love to hear from you. Drop me a line or two.

        Cheers,

        Trina Allen

        Storm of Thought Writing

        Phone: 919.308.3847

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 27, 2005
          Trina Allen's E-letter

          E-mail: trinaallen@...

          Web site: http://www.trinaallen.com

          Hello friends!

          I hope you are enjoying your summer and great things are happening for you and yours.

          I'm excited to share the short story Bystander, Online in Thunder Sandwich # 26. I got the idea for the story from a triathlon I participated in two summers ago. Paste http://www.thundersandwich.com/ts26/page72.html into your browser to read the story.

          Paralyzed from a recent stroke and barely able to speak, Amber's father is a major player as he watches this triathlon heat up from the sidelines. ".Jerry was in the lead. Through sheer will, Amber increased her pace to a six and half-minute mile. She was close enough to touch him. She could win. Then the skin on her arms and legs broke out in goose bumps. She shivered, running in the stifling heat.

          The ending of "Live Again" is now out in Fully Bully Magazine's issue X. Vanquisher may be a ghost in "To Live Again," (you'll have to read the story to decide), but he was real to me when I needed him. To order the serialized story from Fully Bully Magazine, go to http://www.cafepress.com/fullybully and choose issue IX and X or paste http://www.trinaallen.com/toliveagain.html into your browser to read the story Online.