FW: [Newswire] December Lions Clubs Newsletter

  • sital agarwal
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2011

      Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 11:53:46 -0500
      From: lionsupdate@...
      To: sitalagarwal@...
      Subject: [Newswire] December Lions Clubs Newsletter

      In our December issue, you'll learn about an "early bird" discount for our 2012 Convention, how new PSAs are spreading the word about Lions, our earthquake relief efforts in Turkey and more. Read on for the latest Lions Clubs International news and information.

      Register for Convention Before December 31 and Save

      Step into "the world of the Lions Clubs International Convention" and enter a place of fellowship and fun when we meet in Busan for our 95th convention, June 22-26, 2012. As the second largest city in Korea, Busan is a thriving seaport that attracts visitors from all over the world with its beautiful beaches, modern hotels, cultural sites and more. More than 15,500 Lions worldwide have already registered, pacing Busan to be one of our largest conventions ever! Register before December 31 to receive your "early bird" discount and secure an affordable hotel room near the convention center.

      Share New PSAs with Friends, Family and Local Media

      As part of our ongoing PR efforts, we're proud to announce the availability of four new PSAs that show who Lions are in a fresh and fun way. Three of the PSAs are safari-themed spots that use humor to let viewers see how Lions help others through vision, feeding, and environment projects. The fourth PSA is an airport-themed spot that features a security x-ray machine to show viewers there's "a little Lion" inside of all of us. View PSAs now - and be sure to share them with your family, friends and local media outlets.

      Lions Provide Relief for Earthquake Victims in Turkey

      Turkey EarthquakeA recent earthquake in Turkey killed hundreds, injured more than 1,300 and caused extensive property damage. Lions are bringing aid and comfort to the people affected by this disaster. LCIF approved an emergency grant to fund Lions' relief efforts. Our members are using these funds to provide relief supplies, including food and water. Read blog.

      Lions Partner to Plant 1.5 Million Trees in Kenya

      We've joined forces with The Aga Khan Development Network to plant 1.5 million trees in Kenya, a country with one of the highest rates of deforestation in Africa. International President Wing-Kun Tam and Prince Hussain Aga Khan announced the partnership last month during a tree planting ceremony in Nairobi City Park. Read news release.

      Lions Can Offer Hope and Help to Children in Need

      You can expand your reach to underserved children through hands-on service projects in your community. The Lions Children First Program can provide you with easy-to-use resources and materials, including a club activity guide, sample project idea sheets and community posters. There's also a Lions Children First Facebook Fan Page where you can connect with other Lions  who are serving children in need. You can also join the Relieving the Hunger Campaign to fight hunger affecting children in your community.
      LIONS QUARTERLY

      Watch LQ to see how an Alabama Lions' event spans generations.

      HIGHLIGHTS

      Rockin' the Vest
      Share our rap video - and help attract new members.

      Lions Clubs Blog
      Read our blog to get news updates during the month.

      CONTEST

      International Contest
      Enter your Newsletter, Trading Pin, Banner or Web Site today.

      Environmental Photo Contest
      Organize a club-level contest to showcase the beauty of nature.

      EVENTS
      Review upcoming Lions events your club can promote locally.

      CONNECT WITH  US ONLINE

      social network icons

      This email was sent to sitalagarwal@... by lionsupdate@... |
      Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe| Privacy Policy.
      Lions Clubs International | 300 W. 22nd St. | Oak Brook | IL | 60523