      From: "Lions Clubs International" <lionsupdate@...>
      Sender: "Lions Clubs International" <lionsupdate@...>
      Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2014 08:12:25 -0400
      To: <sitalagarwal@...>
      ReplyTo: pr@...
      Subject: [Newswire] August Lions Clubs Newsletter

      View our online version or mobile version here.

      banner-newswire-650.jpg
      In our August issue, learn about this month's Global Service Action Campaign, how to create a blueprint for club success, projects that serve children and youth in need, and more.

      Engaging Our Youth

      Engaging Our YouthThe Centennial Service Challenge kicks off with this month's Global Service Action Campaign, Engaging Our Youth. Help us reach our goal of serving 100 million people by December 2017! Young people are the future of Lions, and inviting them to organize and lead service activities can teach them valuable life skills. Reach out to children in need through literacy programs, vision screenings, feeding projects and other fun activities.

      Visit the Engaging Our Youth page for more project ideas, and don't forget to report your activities using MyLCI.

      Serving Children in Need

      Helping children to grow up healthy can have a major impact on their future. The following Lions programs focus on serving children:

      • The Reading Action Program teaches children to read.
      • Lions Services for Children Symposium Program (for districts and multiple districts) promotes children's health and education services.
      • Lions Children First Program (for clubs) provides resources for serving children.
      • Lions-UNICEF School-in-a-Box donations help schools disrupted by disasters.
      • Recreational camps give kids with diabetes, physical disabilities and other special needs the opportunity to have fun.

      Find links and resources on the LCI website.

      Watch the Latest Lions Quarterly

      The latest issue of the Lions Quarterly (LQ) video magazine is available for viewing and downloading on the Lions News Network.

      Learn how Lions make a global impact by addressing childhood hunger through school meal programs and nutrition education and find out how a Lions vision screening helped save a young girl's life. Also in this issue: a Lions Down Syndrome Center teaches preschool children reading, writing and fine motor skills; and Lions establish a community facility that brings residents of all ages and backgrounds together.

      Download LQ today and share it at your next Lions meeting or event!

      Blueprint for a Stronger Club

      Create Your Blueprint for a Stronger Club!

      The most effective Lions clubs regularly identify ways to expand their humanitarian service impact, develop leaders, and meet club members' needs and expectations. Now your club can discover new ways to bring value to the community and to club members by developing a blueprint for success.

      The new Blueprint for a Stronger Club provides links to tools and helpful tips for putting your plan into action. Submit your Blueprint goals and your club will receive a special Presidential Certificate to recognize your commitment. Download the Blueprint for a Stronger Club guide today!

      Get Ready for International Literacy Day

      Serving ChildrenSeptember 8 is International Literacy Day, and we encourage Lions everywhere to plan Reading Action Program projects to help promote literacy and education around the world. Volunteer to read stories to children at a local library. Donate books to a women and children's shelter. Organize a vision screening to help people receive the care they need to see and read better.

      Visit the Reading Action Program page for more project ideas and resources!

      Lions Quarterly Video
      Watch LQ to learn how Lions saved a young girl's life.

      newswirelqaug2014-resized.jpg?r=1406903412857
      Highlights and Events
      Ask1image-resized.jpg?r=1406903626499

      Get the tools to invite new members!

      Calendar of Events

      Review upcoming Lions events your club can participate in locally.

      New on the Lions Blog
      Preston's Blog: Celebrating 100 in Kenya
      7/30/2014 8:00am
      Last week Joni and I visited Nairobi, Kenya, where Lions of District 411A are already joining in the Centennial Service Challenge, celebrating 100 years of service by...
      TwitterFacebookLinkedinOther
      Lions Clubs International & LCIF | 300 W. 22nd St. | Oak Brook, IL | 60523 | USA
      Click here to unsubscribe

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic