4998Fwd: The World Is Mine

  • shirish jhaveri
    Feb 17 2:04 AM

      THE WORLD IS MINE
      (Author Unknown)

      Today, upon a bus, I saw a very beautiful woman and wished I were as beautiful.

      When suddenly she rose to leave, I saw her hobble down the aisle.
      She had one leg and used a crutch. But as she passed, she gave a smile.
      Oh, God, forgive me when I whine. I have two legs; the world is mine.

      I stopped to buy some candy. The lad who sold it had such charm.
      I talked with him, he seemed so glad. If I were late, it'd do no harm.
      And as I left, he said to me, "I thank you, you've been so kind.
      It's nice to talk with folks like you. You see," he said, "I'm blind."
      Oh, God, forgive me when I whine. I have two eyes; the world is mine.

      Later while walking down the street, I saw a child I knew.
      He stood and watched the others play, but he did not know what to do.
      I stopped a moment and then I said, "Why don't you join them dear?"
      He looked ahead without a word. I forgot, he couldn't hear.
      Oh, God, forgive me when I whine. I have two ears; the world is mine.

      With feet to take me where I'd go.
      With eyes to see the sunset's glow.
      With ears to hear what I'd know.
      Oh, God, forgive me when I whine. I've been blessed indeed, the world is mine.

      If this poem makes you feel thankful, just forward it to your friends.
      After all, it's just a simple reminder that we have so much to be thankful for!

      Shirish S.Jhaveri
      9-C, 2nd Floor / 18, 3rd Floor,Ismail Building,
      381, Dr. D.N.Road, Opp Flora Fountain,
      Mumbai 400 001.
      Cell # : +91 98200 39413.
      Tel No. : 022 2202 2263/ 22045905/ 22046591
      Fax No.: 022 2287 0765