4989Fwd: Bombay Sion Lions Club Peace Poster Contest

  • Bharat Pathak
    Feb 9, 2014

    .A feather in our CAP in the Golden JUBILEE YEAR

    Lions Club of  Sion’s sponsored entry created by Ishita Patel has been chosen as a merit award winner in the 26th annual Lions International Peace Poster Contest. EMAIL FROM Kristopher Kempski, Public Relations Division,Lions Clubs International is attached.

    CONGRATULATIONS TO ISHITA PATEL ,

    Peace Poster Contest DIST.CHAIRMAN LION RUPA SHAH.

    AND

    The club’s Peace Poster Contest chairmen  Lion AVANI MEHTA & Lion VASANT KHETANI

    with warm regards

    Lion Dr. Bharat Pathak

    secretary

    Lions Club of Sion

     EMAIL FROM Kristopher Kempski, Public Relations Division,Lions Club Inter

    From: Peace Poster <Peaceposter@...>
    Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 22:27:41 +0000
    Subject: Bombay Sion Lions Club Peace Poster Contest

    Dear Past International and Club President Mehta,

    Congratulations! The Bombay Sion Lions Club’s sponsored entry created by Ishita Patel has been chosen as a merit award winner in the 26th annual Lions International Peace Poster Contest.

    About 400,000 children from 62 countries participated in this year’s Peace Poster Contest. The posters were judged at club, district and multiple district levels before reaching the international level, at which point they had been narrowed down to 123 posters. Based on creativity, originality and portrayal of the theme, “Our World, Our Future,” your club’s entry was chosen as one of 23 merit award winners. As such, your club’s sponsored student will receive US$500 and a certificate of merit.

    The 23 merit award winners are from Chile, China, Colombia, Ecuador, Greece, India, Israel, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Multiple District 300 Taiwan, Philippines, Puerto Rico and the United States (Hawaii, Maine, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey and New York). The grand prize winner will be announced at Lions Day with the United Nations on Saturday, February 15. Information about the grand prize winner will be posted on the Peace Poster section of the LCI website shortly thereafter.

    Attached is the official Lions International Peace Poster Contest Publicity Form. Please work with your sponsored student to complete the form and email it to me at Kristopher.Kempski@... or fax it to 630-706-9188 no later than February 14.

    Please also email one to three photos of the student (including a headshot) to Kristopher.Kempski@.... Note: This e-mail address cannot receive emails larger than 5MB in size. Include the last name of the student in the name of the photo file (i.e. Smith Headshot). The information and photos will be incorporated into publicity materials, such as LION Magazine, the Lions website and a traveling exhibit. The prizes will be sent to your attention to present to the student upon my receipt of the completed form and photos.

    To promote your club and the Lions International Peace Poster Contest, we ask that you complete the attached news release (inserting the correct information in the italicized fields) and send it with the attached poster image and a photo of the winning artist to your local media outlets (newspapers, television stations, radio stations, etc.). We also suggest that you invite the local media to your upcoming event where you will present the artist with the merit certificate and check.

    Thank you for supporting the Lions International Peace Poster program. You may purchase your Peace Poster Contest Kits for this year from the Club Supplies Sales Department.

    Sincerely,

    Kristopher Kempski
    Public Relations Division
    Lions Clubs International