[linuxonlaptop] Re: laptop help

  • Danny Zeng
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4, 2000
      Hi Jason,

      Sorry, I don't have any more luck at this. I will try to find out
      later.

      Danny

      Jason Baietto wrote:

      > Danny,
      >
      > I found your name in the Linux Laptop Volunteer Support Database
      > so I hope it is still okay for me to send you a question.
      >
      > I've got a Dell Latitude CPx. It seems that whatever I do I can't
      > get it to go into suspend mode (apm -s). Standby does seem to work
      > fine, however. I have installed the Dell Red Hat RPMs and they seem
      > to have installed properly.
      >
      > Can you offer me any advice as to how I can get this laptop to
      > suspend? It is the only thing stopping me from blowing away
      > my NT partition and using VMware for all of my MS needs.
      >
      > Jason
    • Danny Zeng
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 5, 2000
        Hi Jason,

        I installed Linux-Mandrake 7.0 on my CPx.
        I tested apm. Suspend works just fine. 'apm -s' or Fn+ESC get the
        machine into suspend mode, and power button resumes.

        I recommand Linux-Mandrake for all Linux workstation. please see
        http://www.linux-mandrake.com

        Good luck.
        Danny