Dell Latitude docking station

  • mongo@rma.edu
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 8, 2000
      Hi All,

      I've been attempting, unsuccessfully, to get X to run when my machine
      is in the DOCKed configuration. Currently I am running Red Hat 6.2
      (XFree86 3.3.6) with the following H/W:

      CPU: Dell Latitude CPi A366XT
      Graphics Card: NeoMagic MagicMedia256AV
      Chipset: NM2200
      RAM: 128K RAM
      Monitor: NEC Multisync E950

      When in the UNDOCKed configuration things run beautifully, however
      when in the DOCKed configuration, Linux booted and I attempted to
      start X my monitor goes into standby.

      Can anyone offer up any assistance?

      Many thanks!
      mongo
    • algis
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 8, 2000
        I have a Latitude CPx and had the same problem with RH6.2 and Mandrake 7.0.
        Just as I was about to give up on X, Mandrake release 7.1. I gave it a try
        and found that it worked with in the docked and undocked configurations. My
        only current problem is that the CPx has a Maestro 3 sound chip but there is
        only Linux support for the Maestro 3.

        Hope this helps!