Installing RedHat 7.3 on Gateway Solo 1200 (P3-850)

  • daveatucf
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2002
      Just wanted to post this to help out anyone who's doing the same...
      The only problem I had was getting the video driver specified
      correctly. You want to use the driver for the S3 Savage 2000. The
      actual card installed on this model of laptop is the S3 Twister. I
      believe the driver name in Linux is s3savage.

      If you've already gone through the install and the video in X looks
      a little garbled, run Xconfigurator and specify the video card
      correctly.

      Good luck!