Attack of the Clones on DVD and VHS
starwars.com Homing Beacon - Ep II DVD
On November 12, Lucasfilm Ltd. and Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment will begin the North American release of Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones on DVD and VHS home video.
The first major motion picture captured and created directly from the digital source and digitally mastered by THX, the Episode II DVD allows fans the chance to relive the adventure in the way Writer/Director George Lucas meant it to be seen, with spectacular digital clarity.
Here's what the two-disc DVD set - available in both Anamorphic Widescreen (Aspect Ratio 2.35:1) and Fullscreen editions - will feature:
- Attack of the Clones, mastered directly from the digital source by THX for superior sound and picture quality, presented in Dolby 5.1 Surround EX (English) and Dolby 2.0 Surround (English, Spanish and French)
- Audio commentary by Writer-Director George Lucas; Producer Rick McCallum; Editor and Sound Designer Ben Burtt; Visual Effects Supervisors Pablo Helman, John Knoll and Ben Snow; and Animation Supervisor Rob Coleman, offering personal insights into the making of the film.
- Eight deleted scenes created for the DVD release, with introductions by George Lucas, Rick McCallum and Ben Burtt
- "From Puppets to Pixels," an all-new, full-length documentary that tracks the revolution in digital character animation, featuring the creation of the digital Yoda, Dexter Jettster and more
- "State of the Art: The Previsualization of Episode II," an all-new documentary featuring never-before-seen Animatics of Episode II
- Ben Burtt and his team explain the process of creating the sound for Episode II in the all-new documentary "Films Are Not Released; They Escape"
- Three behind-the-scenes featurettes exploring Episode II's storyline, action scenes and love story
- All 12 parts of "Making Episode II," the web documentaries that first appeared here at starwars.com
- The "Across the Stars" music video featuring John Williams
- Downloaded by millions from starwars.com, the original theatrical teaser and launch trailers, plus 12 TV spots
- Galleries of theatrical posters, print campaign from around the world, and never-before-seen production photos
- An Episode II visual effects breakdown montage from Industrial Light & Magic
- HoloNet News website
- DVD-ROM weblink to exclusive Star Wars content
Consumers can begin ordering on August 14. Click here for further information and to check out the video packaging in detail.
Add these movies to your Cargo Bay wish list! Attack of the Clones Widescreen DVD
Attack of the Clones Fullscreen DVD
Attack of the Clones Special Edition VHS
You must be signed-in to use Cargo Bay wish lists.
Feel free to forward this Star Wars newsletter to a friend.