Linux + Win Xp in diffren partition hardrive?

  • squeezernc
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 21, 2002
      Hi, i was wonder that this will work for me ( on my notebook ), if
      yes. How can i do that, any online guides?

      squeezer
    • daveatucf
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2002
        --- In linuxonlaptop@y..., "squeezernc" <squeezernc@y...> wrote:
        > Hi, i was wonder that this will work for me ( on my notebook ), if
        > yes. How can i do that, any online guides?
        >
        > squeezer

        It's easy to do... don't know of any online guides offhand but I
        didn't need one. Just install XP 1st and leave some unpartitioned
        space for RedHat to reside in. You probably want to leave at least
        2 GB or more depending on the size of the drive. The install for
        RedHat 7.3 workstation is roughly 1.5 GB by itself.

        During the RedHat install (boot from CD), choose "use unpartitioned
        space." Later in the install, you can choose the boot manager to
        use. I use GRUB and it works fine, but LILO should work just as
        well.