Wireless Connection Problem

  • bearjerishere
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28, 2014

      If this request gets repeated on multiple Linux sites, please excuse the extra requests, but I am trying to get a much needed answer this week...

      PROBLEM:  I have an older Lenovo laptop which had Windows XP on it and I thought I could install a lighter version of Linux, so I tried both Lubuntu and Peppermint, but neither one will show my wireless router.  Both Lubuntu and Peppermint work fine with a wired ethernet connection and provides full Internet connectivity.  I have Comcast as my ISP and a Linksys 2000 wireless router - works fine for all the other computers and tablets I have in my home.  Can anyone steer me in the right direction to get this laptop to recognize my wifi?    Thanks,  --Jerry in Michigan, USA