PCMCIA and IRQ conflits

  • SalvadorFandi�o
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2001
      Hello,

      I am installing Linux in a new IBM ThinkPad laptop but
      I'm unable to get the PCMCIA working. It seems to be a
      problem related to irq conflicts.

      When I start the PCMCIA software via
      '/etc/init.d/pcmcia start' I get this output in the
      log:

      Linux PCMCIA Card Services 3.1.25
      kernel build: 2.2.19 unknown
      PCI routing table version 1.0 at 0xfbdb0
      00:03.0 -> irq 11
      Intel PCIC probe:
      O2Micro OZ6812 rev 05 PCI-to-CardBus at slot 00:03,
      mem 0x68000000
      host opts [0]: [ring] [pci+isa] [pci irq 11] [lat
      32/176] [bus 32/34]
      PCI irq 11 test failed
      ISA irqs (default) = 3,4,5,7,9,12,15 polling
      interval = 1000 ms

      Where it says that the test for IRQ 11 fails. IRQ 11
      is already in use for the sound card.

      I can plug the network card I have and everything
      seems ok, no errors are reported. But when I use the
      card I get this error in the console:

      eth0: transmit timed out, tx_status 00 status e601.
      diagnostics: net 0ce0 media a800 dma 000000ba.
      eth0: Interrupt posted but not delivered -- IRQ
      blocked by another device?
      eth0: Tx Ring full, refusing to send buffer.

      So, how can I change the IRQ the IPCI use to another
      one that's free.

      BTW, I have tried to make it work with kernels 2.2.18,
      2.2.19 and 2.4.3.
      I have compiled the PCMCIA support in 2.4.3 kernel and
      I have the same problem, although it is reported while
      booting the machine.

      I hope somebody could help me!

      Thank you,

      - Salva.