Re: [linuxham] patch for 1.31: 64 bit fix and removal of remaining .h include

  • Joop Stakenborg
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 6, 2007
      Op dinsdag 6 maart 2007 19:49, schreef w1hkj:

      > Since you are running Joop's deb version I'm wondering if it might be
      > something unique to his build. I wonder if you might try one of the
      > prebuilt binaries (version 1.32) that you will find on the web site.

      I am running the 1.31 debian package on a IBM thinkpad 600X in the shack.
      It runs fine, no problems with the 'at' sign.
      I have chosen the 'mono 14' font from the menu, if that helps.

      BTW, the CW decoder works wonderful...

      > Dave

      Regards,
      Joop
    • larry
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 7, 2007
        Joop Stakenborg wrote:

        > Op dinsdag 6 maart 2007 19:49, schreef w1hkj:
        > >

        > > Since you are running Joop's deb version I'm wondering if it might be
        > > something unique to his build. I wonder if you might try one of the
        > > prebuilt binaries (version 1.32) that you will find on the web site.
        > >

        > I am running the 1.31 debian package on a IBM thinkpad 600X in the shack.
        > It runs fine, no problems with the 'at' sign.
        > I have chosen the 'mono 14' font from the menu, if that helps.
        >
        > BTW, the CW decoder works wonderful...
        >
        > > Dave
        >
        > Regards,
        > Joop

        Ok fellows, thanks for taking the time to look into why the "@" sign
        wasn't showing up in my email address...I went through all of the
        different modes, trying to see which mode did not use the "@" sign...It
        does work in all of the modes except when I am in the mode RTTY, so
        there must be a reason for that, why I am not sure...

        Again many thanks for looking into this problem...

        Other than that it works great, keep up the nice work... ;-)

        Larry

        --
        Powered by Debian/GNU/Linux
        by Ubuntu ver 6.10

        "This is Linux Country,
        on a quiet night you can hear
        WINDOZE ! Systems REBOOTING !!"

        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 7, 2007
          > Ok fellows, thanks for taking the time to look into why the "@" sign
          > wasn't showing up in my email address...I went through all of the
          > different modes, trying to see which mode did not use the "@" sign...It
          > does work in all of the modes except when I am in the mode RTTY, so
          > there must be a reason for that, why I am not sure...

          If you had a Model 15 or a Model 28 teletype machine in your shack you
          would find that the @ symbol is not on any of the keys.

          Here are the keys that are on a US tty keyboard
          static unsigned char figures[32] = {
          '\0', '3', '\n', '-', ' ', '\a', '8', '7',
          '\r', '$', '4', '\'', ',', '!', ':', '(',
          '5', '"', ')', '2', '#', '6', '0', '1',
          '9', '?', '&', '·', '.', '/', ';', '·'
          };

          Machines that send ASCII have the full ascii character set. Baudot
          cannot fit all of the characters into 5 bits.

          73, Dave, W1HKJ
        • larry
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 7, 2007
            w1hkj wrote:

            > > Ok fellows, thanks for taking the time to look into why the "@" sign
            > > wasn't showing up in my email address...I went through all of the
            > > different modes, trying to see which mode did not use the "@" sign...It
            > > does work in all of the modes except when I am in the mode RTTY, so
            > > there must be a reason for that, why I am not sure...
            > >
            > If you had a Model 15 or a Model 28 teletype machine in your shack you
            > would find that the @ symbol is not on any of the keys.
            >
            > Here are the keys that are on a US tty keyboard
            > static unsigned char figures[32] = {
            > '\0', '3', '\n', '-', ' ', '\a', '8', '7',
            > '\r', '$', '4', '\'', ',', '!', ':', '(',
            > '5', '"', ')', '2', '#', '6', '0', '1',
            > '9', '?', '&', '·', '.', '/', ';', '·'
            > };
            >
            > Machines that send ASCII have the full ascii character set. Baudot
            > cannot fit all of the characters into 5 bits.
            >
            > 73, Dave, W1HKJ

            Hello Dave,

            I kind of figured that was the problem, I just wasn't sure...
            It's been 30, or so years since I had a Model 15 teletype machine, that
            went to the junk yard when computers took it's place...

            Thanks Larry

            --
            Powered by Debian/GNU/Linux
            by Ubuntu ver 6.10

            "This is Linux Country,
            on a quiet night you can hear
            WINDOZE ! Systems REBOOTING !!"

          • jhaynesatalumni
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 7, 2007
              --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, larry <larry@...> wrote:

              > I kind of figured that was the problem, I just wasn't sure...
              > It's been 30, or so years since I had a Model 15 teletype machine, that
              > went to the junk yard when computers took it's place...

              Oooooh! Did you _have_ to say that? Some of us get all
              knotted up inside when we hear of a real Teletype going
              to the junk yard.
            • Joop Stakenborg
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 7, 2007
                Op dinsdag 6 maart 2007 12:39, schreef w1hkj:

                > Please test this with your amd64 compilation and let me know if provides
                > the desired effect. I also have another small code correction in the
                > Olivia modem code and I will post a new 1.32 containing both corrections
                > when I receive your reply.

                Hi Dave, please go ahead with the 1.32 release. The cast you described using
                reinterpret_cast works okay on amd64.

                > 73, Dave, W1HKJ

                Joop, PG4I