Re: [linuxham] Experimental FLdigi Debian package

  • Bob Nielsen
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 5, 2007
      On Mar 4, 2007, at 1:34 PM, Bob Nielsen wrote:

      > On Mar 4, 2007, at 9:23 AM, Ed wrote:
      >
      >> Nate Bargmann wrote:
      >>> Joop, PG4I, has put together a Debian package for FLdigi:
      >>>
      >>> http://www.xs4all.nl/~pa4tu/tmp/fldigi_1.30-1_i386.deb
      >>>
      >>> It will probably be in the main Sid archive soon. I have been
      >>> running
      >>> it since Friday and it works well. It may work on Etch or Ubuntu
      >>> Edgy
      >>> as well.
      >>>
      >>> 73, de Nate >>
      >>>

      >> Works in Etch only if you get libhamlib2 1.2.6 from Sid. Not sure
      >> what
      >> Ubuntu uses for hamlib.
      >>

      > I installed it successfully on a Ubuntu 6.10 system, which has
      > libhamlib2 1.2.6.1-1. When I try to execute it from a terminal,
      > nothing happens (no error messages; it just sits there). The 1.30
      > binary from the fldigi web site works fine, however. I'll try
      > pulling the Debian source package and see if it will build on this
      > system.
      >
      > Bob, N7XY

      Oops, the reason my system has libhamlib2 1.2.6.1 is that I compiled
      it from source. It showed up when I did 'apt-cache policy' because I
      had used checkinstall to install the binary. The stock version in
      Ubuntu 6.10 is 1.2.5-7build1. I'm sorry if this caused any
      confusion. Perhaps the next Ubuntu release (which I believe will be
      next month) has the newer version.