Re: [linuxham] Re: FT950 and Hamlib

    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 28 3:40 AM
      Keith wrote:
      > OK downloaded then unpacked the tarball and copied fldigi-3.20.0bA
      > to /usr/bin and tried to run fldigi...won't run now...missing
      > libportaudio.so.2. the links are present in /usr/lib to this.
      > hmmm. where is fldigi looking for libportaudio.so.2?
      >
      > Keith

      Sorry I'm late with this. Using a Debian based distro (Ubuntu), you can
      run ::

      sudo apt-get build dep fldigi

      from a terminal and it puts everything that fldigi needs to be built
      from source in all the right places.

      The fldigi executable lives in /usr/local/bin.

      Ed W3NR
    • Keith
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 28 6:12 AM
        Hi Ed,
        thanks I have done that after the executable wouldn't run.
        I went and got the sources and compiled them (it's in a different
        post) fldigi is running now but still cannot get flrig to connect
        to the FT-950, running flrig standalone right now while testing.
        Thanks for the response, and it wasn't too late :-)

        Keith AB8CL

        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 28 6:21 AM
          On 04/28/2010 09:12 AM, Keith wrote:
          > Hi Ed,
          > thanks I have done that after the executable wouldn't run.
          > I went and got the sources and compiled them (it's in a different
          > post) fldigi is running now but still cannot get flrig to connect
          > to the FT-950, running flrig standalone right now while testing.
          > Thanks for the response, and it wasn't too late :-)
          >
          > Keith AB8CL
          >
          > --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, Ed<autek@...> wrote:

          I *think* the 950 and the 450 (which I have) are similar.

          Check if you have a menu item "CAT RTS" if so make sure it is enabled.
          Also see if you have a "CAT TOT" if so set it to 1000. I'm using the
          default settings for the 450 and flrig and it works perfectly.

          Hope some of this might help.

          Ed W3NR
        • Roger G6CKR
          Message 4 of 11 , May 8, 2010
            The actual command appears to be
            sudo apt-get build-dep fldigi
            or at least on Ubuntu 10.04 64 bit it is