100% CPU in CW TX

  • Leigh L. Klotz, Jr.
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4, 2007
      I get 100% CPU utilization by fldigi in CW TX mode when I'm not typing.
      CW is configured for audio, not rig key.
      This happens with 1.2 and 1.3.
      Leigh/WA5ZNU
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 4, 2007
        Leigh L. Klotz, Jr. wrote:
        > I get 100% CPU utilization by fldigi in CW TX mode when I'm not typing.
        > CW is configured for audio, not rig key.
        > This happens with 1.2 and 1.3.

        Just tested and confirmed ... I will investigate today.

        Dave, W1HKJ
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 4, 2007
          Leigh L. Klotz, Jr. wrote:
          I get 100% CPU utilization by fldigi in CW TX mode when I'm not typing.
          CW is configured for audio, not rig key.
          This happens with 1.2 and 1.3.

          I will be posting 1.31 after creating the various tarballs.  In the meantime you may fix this reported and confirmed bug as follows:

          Modify the file cw.cxx in the source directory src/cw_rtty/

          =================== original code ==========================
          int cw::tx_process()
          {
              int c;
              c = get_tx_char();
              if (c == 0x03 || stopflag) {
                  send_symbol(0);
                  stopflag = false;
                      return -1;
              }
              if (c != 0)
                  send_ch(c);

              return 0;
          }

          ================== corrected code =========================
          int cw::tx_process()
          {
              int c;
              c = get_tx_char();
              if (c == 0x03 || stopflag) {
                  send_symbol(0);
                  stopflag = false;
                      return -1;
              }
              if (c != 0)
                  send_ch(c);
              else
                  send_symbol(0);

              return 0;
          }

          Recompile and link.  This fixes the cpu% problem.

          Thanks for the report Leigh.

          73, Dave, W1HKJ