Two general questions

  • neomag_magneo
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4, 2010
      Dear all,

      As a fresh user of FLDigi V.3.20 I have two, quite general questions:

      1) Is there any autosave function of the current logging file, in the past I have lost some log data after a hardware failure.

      2) Is the full duplex mode available for PSK-mode, i.e. to enable monitoring of the transmitted signal (excact frequency). This exists in the Digipan 2.0 for IMD measurement and I have used it to align my tx and rx frequencies (separate devices !!!).

      Otherwise I have found FLDIgi very nice and a great improvement for my operating convenience. Naturally, the full duplex can be achieved by running two instances of FLDigi, in my case in the two desktops available, but as I have seen, it should be possible within one instance only.

      73 de Heikki (OH2LZI)
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 4, 2010
        neomag_magneo wrote:
        > Dear all,
        >
        > As a fresh user of FLDigi V.3.20 I have two, quite general questions:
        >
        > 1) Is there any autosave function of the current logging file, in the past I have lost some log data after a hardware failure.

        No, but that could be added without much effort.
        > 2) Is the full duplex mode available for PSK-mode, i.e. to enable monitoring of the transmitted signal (excact frequency). This exists in the Digipan 2.0 for IMD measurement and I have used it to align my tx and rx frequencies (separate devices !!!).

        No, adding would require considerable change to the program.
        > Otherwise I have found FLDIgi very nice and a great improvement for my operating convenience. Naturally, the full duplex can be achieved by running two instances of FLDigi, in my case in the two desktops available, but as I have seen, it should be possible within one instance only.

        Thank you. I also run two instances of fldigi using a second
        transceiver to monitor the one on-air.

        73, Dave
        W1HKJ
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 5, 2010
          neomag_magneo wrote:
          > Dear all,
          >
          > As a fresh user of FLDigi V.3.20 I have two, quite general questions:
          >
          > 1) Is there any autosave function of the current logging file, in the past I have lost some log data after a hardware failure.

          The current version of fldigi saves the logbook data to the file every
          time a record is added, modified, or deleted. You should not loose any
          logbook data due to a h/w failure.

          Dave
        • neomag_magneo
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 6, 2010
            Thanks for the replies ! It seems that both of my problems are/can be handled.

            73 de Heikki