Re: export log defaults

  • dave_ad2q
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 3, 2010
      Great, thanks.

      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 16, 2010
        dave_ad2q wrote:
        > eQSL.cc requires the following entries in an uploaded adif file:
        >
        > QSO_DATE YYYYMMDD
        > TIME_ON only HH and MM are used
        > CALL invalid if > 13 characters
        > MODE must be one of table below
        > BAND or FREQ
        >
        > The default for Fldigi should include TIME_ON. Otherwise one has to check TIME_ON before exporting the log to an adif file that will be uploaded to eQSL.cc.
        >
        > Dave

        Changed in current beta release

        Dave
      • Dick Kriss
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 16, 2010
          Re: [linuxham] export log defaults On 4/16/10 7:16 AM, "Dave Freese W1HKJ" <w1hkj@...> wrote:

          dave_ad2q wrote:
          > eQSL.cc requires the following entries in an uploaded adif file:
          >
          > QSO_DATE YYYYMMDD
          > TIME_ON  only HH and MM are used
          > CALL     invalid if > 13 characters
          > MODE     must be one of table below
          > BAND or FREQ
          >
          > The default for Fldigi should include TIME_ON.  Otherwise one has to check TIME_ON before exporting the log to an adif file that will be uploaded to eQSL.cc.
          >
          > Dave

          Changed in current beta release

          Dave

          --------

          Now I will need to remember uncheck Time On, then after export change all “TIME_OFF” to “TIME_ON”
          with the text  to be sure the correct time is uploaded to LoTW.

          Sure would be nice if LoTW and eQSL used end of QSO time but that will never happen.

          Dick AA5VU

          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 16, 2010

            dave_ad2q wrote:
            > eQSL.cc requires the following entries in an uploaded adif file:
            >
            > QSO_DATE YYYYMMDD
            > TIME_ON  only HH and MM are used
            > CALL     invalid if > 13 characters
            > MODE     must be one of table below
            > BAND or FREQ
            >
            > The default for Fldigi should include TIME_ON.  Otherwise one has to check TIME_ON before exporting the log to an adif file that will be uploaded to eQSL.cc.
            >
            > Dave

            Changed in current beta release

            Dave

            --------

            Now I will need to remember uncheck Time On, then after export change all “TIME_OFF” to “TIME_ON”
            with the text  to be sure the correct time is uploaded to LoTW.

            Sure would be nice if LoTW and eQSL used end of QSO time but that will never happen.

            Dick AA5VU
            Surely this is but a small inconvenience. :-)

            Dave
          • Eric Lorenz K9LGE
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 16, 2010
              Interesting (slightly OT)...I've watched this debate for a couple of years now- I guess I mist be one of the only people in the world that likes to log my time on AND time off for Digital mode contacts, JUST like my SSB and every other mode. I've probably messed up a few LOTW contacts for people that way- but like everyone else...I have my way and I'm sticking to it. I like to see the duration of my contacts.

              73,
              Eric K9LGE

              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 16, 2010
                Eric Lorenz K9LGE wrote:

                Interesting (slightly OT)...I've watched this debate for a couple of years now- I guess I mist be one of the only people in the world that likes to log my time on AND time off for Digital mode contacts, JUST like my SSB and every other mode. I've probably messed up a few LOTW contacts for people that way- but like everyone else...I have my way and I'm sticking to it. I like to see the duration of my contacts.

                73,
                Eric K9LGE

                fldigi stores both time_on and time_off in it's logbook records.  The debate is over what needs to be reported to LoTW and eQSL among others.

                Dave
              • Dick Kriss
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 16, 2010
                  Re: [linuxham] export log defaults Eric,

                  Fldigi is great for the way you like to use both time on and time off.   Just be aware that
                  if you upload to LoTW, your time off will be ignored.  When the ARRL tqsl application
                  applies your digital signature, it ignores TIME_OFF and changes TIME_ON to what the
                  LoTW system uses that is QSO_TIME.  The following was copied from one of my recent
                  .tq8 uploads to LoTW.  I exported the QSO from fldigi with Time ON unchecked, then
                  used the text editor to change TIME_OFF  to TIME_ON to fool the ARRL tqsl application.

                  This is what was send to LoTW and the time was the time I ended the QSO.

                  <Rec_Type:8>tCONTACT
                  <STATION_UID:1>1
                  <CALL:5>J5UAP
                  <BAND:3>17M