Re: [linuxham] Help...I must have Halfhimers

  • Rick Kunath
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2007
      Walt DuBose wrote:
      > I need some help. I can't seem to figure out what the problem is and I KNOW
      > that 5 years ago I would have known immediately what the problem was.
      >
      > When I try to look at a CD using my KDE desktop CD app. it says...I don't have
      > access rights to the location (/mnt/cdrom). The permissions show drwx 777 root
      > root.

      The line in fstab from my Mandriva install:

      /dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom auto
      umask=0,user,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850,noauto,ro,exec,users 0 0

      You are missing the user option.

      > The CD in there was burned off of a MS W2K box and a NTFS file system.

      The CD won't have an NTFS file system on it. You are restricting your CD
      to one possible CD file system though (fs=iso9660).

      > Am I going to be able to see any of the files on this CD?

      Should be able to see them.

      > Attached is a copy of my /etc/mtab which is the same as my /etc/fstab.
      >
      > What am I doing wrong? Why won't the CD mount and why can't I see the files?

      Any reason why you aren't auto mounting the CD?

      Rick Kunath, k9ao