fldigi-3.20.0b9 posted

    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 30 12:38 PM
      Version 3.20.0b9

      NBEMS files
      Changed creation of NBEMS directory structure.
      * Only created when required by program or elected by
      operator when using the File/Folders/NBEMS files... menu item
      * Changed NBEMS directory to ~/.nbems/ on Linux and friends
      * NBEMS directory remains NBEMS.files on Windows

      Rx Contest Popup Menu
      Changed order of menu to encourage use of Exchange In

      Olivia bug fix
      Correct bug introduced by commit cff61120b

      Improve monitoring of transmitted signal
      * Use existing trx ringbuffer to store the transmitted signal
      * Always draw signal in blocks of 512 bytes as expected by the
      waterfall routine

      Contest Rig/Log View
      * Moved and resized contest log controls on single line Rig/Log
      * Added TimeOn to clear fields process

      CW Xmt WPM
      * Added xmt WPM control to status bar when in CW mode.
      New control can be adjusted with mouse wheel.
      * Added xmt default WPM button adjacent to WPM control
      * Resyncronized receive WPM to xmt WPM when xmt WPM changed.
      * All xmtWPM controls syncronized to each other
      status bar control
      config dialog control
      numeric '*', '-' and '+' controls
      * Changed location of CW rx WPM to leftmost status panel
      * Annunciate the '*' (default WPM) as asterisk on the leftmost
      panel, ie: "CW * Rx nn" / "CW Rx nn", where nn = rx WPM

      Cabrillo Report
      Modified report line generator to allow various combinations of
      RST in, RST out, Ser #in, Ser #out, Exchange in and Exchange out.

      73, Dave, W1HKJ
      for the development and test teams
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 30 1:41 PM
        Builds fine in Debian. Thanks for the contest features update.

        Maybe someday I'll get the notification via linuxham. Strange, the only
        post that I don't get.

        Ed W3NR
      • Bob Snyder
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 30 8:10 PM
          w1hkj wrote:
          > CW Xmt WPM
          > * Added xmt WPM control to status bar when in CW mode.
          > New control can be adjusted with mouse wheel.
          > * Added xmt default WPM button adjacent to WPM control
          > * Resyncronized receive WPM to xmt WPM when xmt WPM changed.
          > * All xmtWPM controls syncronized to each other
          > status bar control
          > config dialog control
          > numeric '*', '-' and '+' controls
          > * Changed location of CW rx WPM to leftmost status panel
          > * Annunciate the '*' (default WPM) as asterisk on the leftmost
          > panel, ie: "CW * Rx nn" / "CW Rx nn", where nn = rx WPM

          Many thanks for this Dave. It really adds to the utility of CW. And it
          works great here.

          Bob W6CP
        • alw6hgf
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 1, 2010

            > Version 3.20.0b9
            >
            > NBEMS files
            > Changed creation of NBEMS directory structure.
            > * Only created when required by program or elected by
            > operator when using the File/Folders/NBEMS files... menu item
            > * Changed NBEMS directory to ~/.nbems/ on Linux and friends
            > * NBEMS directory remains NBEMS.files on Windows
            >
            > Rx Contest Popup Menu
            > Changed order of menu to encourage use of Exchange In
            >
            > Olivia bug fix
            > Correct bug introduced by commit cff61120b
            >
            > Improve monitoring of transmitted signal
            > * Use existing trx ringbuffer to store the transmitted signal
            > * Always draw signal in blocks of 512 bytes as expected by the
            > waterfall routine
            >
            > Contest Rig/Log View
            > * Moved and resized contest log controls on single line Rig/Log
            > * Added TimeOn to clear fields process
            >
            > CW Xmt WPM
            > * Added xmt WPM control to status bar when in CW mode.
            > New control can be adjusted with mouse wheel.
            > * Added xmt default WPM button adjacent to WPM control
            > * Resyncronized receive WPM to xmt WPM when xmt WPM changed.
            > * All xmtWPM controls syncronized to each other
            > status bar control
            > config dialog control
            > numeric '*', '-' and '+' controls
            > * Changed location of CW rx WPM to leftmost status panel
            > * Annunciate the '*' (default WPM) as asterisk on the leftmost
            > panel, ie: "CW * Rx nn" / "CW Rx nn", where nn = rx WPM
            >
            > Cabrillo Report
            > Modified report line generator to allow various combinations of
            > RST in, RST out, Ser #in, Ser #out, Exchange in and Exchange out.
            >
            > 73, Dave, W1HKJ
            > for the development and test teams

            Dave,

            Built fine in Ubuntu, Love the new CW speed changes.

            One problem found in last version and still here, is when I press QSY button with LK on, the shift is not right. I use LK for split ops, and the qsy to get to CF for my filters, But when QSY is pressed with Lk on, it does not go to CF. QSY works fine without Lk on.

            Also wish to vote yes for a non-functioning SSB mode for logging purposes, just an SSB on the mode pull down that does nothing but put ssb in the log would be very nice.

            Great Program, I use it every day in as many modes as I can find someone to talk with. Thank you and all the contributers for the super effort.

            73,

            Al W6HGF
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 2, 2010
              alw6hgf wrote:
              > Built fine in Ubuntu, Love the new CW speed changes.
              >
              > One problem found in last version and still here, is when I press QSY button with LK on, the shift is not right. I use LK for split ops, and the qsy to get to CF for my filters, But when QSY is pressed with Lk on, it does not go to CF. QSY works fine without Lk on.

              In the current design the Lk should be disabled after the QSY. That
              seems to be broken. I will investigate.
              > Also wish to vote yes for a non-functioning SSB mode for logging purposes, just an SSB on the mode pull down that does nothing but put ssb in the log would be very nice.

              Asked for many times. So it is time for the developers to listen and
              deliver.
              > Great Program, I use it every day in as many modes as I can find someone to talk with. Thank you and all the contributers for the super effort.

              Thanks Al, it's a labor of love.

              Dave
            • Brian Lloyd
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 2, 2010
                On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 1:35 AM, w1hkj <w1hkj@...> wrote:

                > Also wish to vote yes for a non-functioning SSB mode for logging purposes, just an SSB on the mode pull down that does nothing but put ssb in the log would be very nice.

                Asked for many times. So it is time for the developers to listen and
                deliver.

                Yes. It should get as much as possible from the radio via CAT and prepopulate the log entry with mode (USB/LSB), frequency, and time.

                Hmm, I wonder if the program could generate a reasonable estimate of RST from S-meter data gathered from CAT? I suppose that, since fldigi is on and running, you could be looking at FFT data too. If you look at the medium term variation (say, over 10 seconds) of S-meter reading you can get an idea of noise level and strength above noise level. If the low reading is very low and the high reading much higher you can probably guess at a higher R-value. I am sure we could come up with some interesting heuristics that would be at least as good as someone's WAG. And even if the user doesn't like the programs's guess he/she can still overwrite it manually.

                For that matter, it should be possible to do this even more easily with the digital modes because you have already calculated S/N (readability) and IMD (tone/quality).

                You know, strength really doesn't matter. It is S/N that really matters. But now I am starting to ramble as I think aloud.

                > Great Program, I use it every day in as many modes as I can find someone to talk with. Thank you and all the contributers for the super effort.

                I am with Al. Great program. As I have said, it is the one I use to teach about digital modes to my students.

                --
                73 de Brian, WB6RQN/J79BPL

              • bobslinuxbox_63
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 3, 2010
                  Has anyone been able to get this combination working? I have been unable to get receive. I am using ubuntu 9.10

                  Bob/kg2rp
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 4, 2010
                    bobslinuxbox_63 wrote:
                    > Has anyone been able to get this combination working? I have been unable to get receive. I am using ubuntu 9.10
                    >
                    > Bob/kg2rp

                    Are you using Portaudio or Pulse ?

                    Sounds to me as though you have not selected the correct audio capture
                    device. But to be of any help we really need to know what sound server
                    you are using.

                    Ed W3NR
                  • B Bennett
                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 6, 2010
                      Thanks Ed. I set it for PortAudio and am using 'pulse' for Capture and Playback and now can RX. I also have the mixer on /dev/mixer and set for Line In where the cable is connected.

                      Now to get the TX working!

                      Bob/kg2rp