Not gettin macro expansion with fldigi 1.3 binary on Mandriva 2006

  • k8pet
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 3, 2007
      Earlier versions of fldigi worked great! With the 1.3 binary on
      Mandriva 2006, I am not getting expansion of the macros. Pressing a
      function key or clicking on the corresponding button places the raw
      text of the macro in the window to be sent i.e CQ CQ CQ de ^c ^c ^c etc.

      What am I missing here?

      73

      Jack k8pet
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 3, 2007
        k8pet wrote:
        > Earlier versions of fldigi worked great! With the 1.3 binary on
        > Mandriva 2006, I am not getting expansion of the macros. Pressing a
        > function key or clicking on the corresponding button places the raw
        > text of the macro in the window to be sent i.e CQ CQ CQ de ^c ^c ^c etc.
        >
        > What am I missing here?
        >
        > 73
        >
        > Jack k8pet

        Try starting fldigi from a terminal and see if you get any error
        messages...73

        Ed W3NR
      • k8pet
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 3, 2007

          > k8pet wrote:
          > > Earlier versions of fldigi worked great! With the 1.3 binary on
          > > Mandriva 2006, I am not getting expansion of the macros. Pressing a
          > > function key or clicking on the corresponding button places the raw
          > > text of the macro in the window to be sent i.e CQ CQ CQ de ^c ^c
          ^c etc.

          > > What am I missing here?
          > >
          > > 73
          > >
          > > Jack k8pet
          >

          > Try starting fldigi from a terminal and see if you get any error
          > messages...73
          >

          > Ed W3NR

          Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately when I started fldigi from a
          terminal, I had no macro expansion and no messages!

          Jack k8pet
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 3, 2007
            k8pet wrote:
            > Earlier versions of fldigi worked great! With the 1.3 binary on
            > Mandriva 2006, I am not getting expansion of the macros. Pressing a
            > function key or clicking on the corresponding button places the raw
            > text of the macro in the window to be sent i.e CQ CQ CQ de ^c ^c ^c etc.
            >
            > What am I missing here?

            Macros for versions earlier than 1.3 need to be discarded. The macro
            language has changed in order to allow a more text oriented approach to
            creating the macros.

            Delete $HOME/.fldigi/macros.mdf

            Fldigi will create a new default set of macros for you the next time you
            start the application. You can edit any macro my right clicking on the
            macro button to open up a macro editor. When you close fldigi it will
            ask whether you want to save the altered macros. You can either use the
            default "macro.mdf" or a name or your choice.

            73, Dave, W1HKJ
          • wgiovan
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 3, 2007
              --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, "k8pet" <k8pet@...> wrote:

              Please see the new macros.mdf because change for example ^c by
              <MYCALL> please read carefully. 73 cx7bf

              > --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, Ed <autek@> wrote:
              > >
              > > k8pet wrote:
              > > > Earlier versions of fldigi worked great! With the 1.3 binary on
              > > > Mandriva 2006, I am not getting expansion of the macros. Pressing a
              > > > function key or clicking on the corresponding button places the raw
              > > > text of the macro in the window to be sent i.e CQ CQ CQ de ^c ^c
              > ^c etc.
              > > >
              > > > What am I missing here?
              > > >
              > > > 73
              > > >
              > > > Jack k8pet
              > >

              > > Try starting fldigi from a terminal and see if you get any error
              > > messages...73
              > >

              > > Ed W3NR
              > >
              > Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately when I started fldigi from a
              > terminal, I had no macro expansion and no messages!
              >
              > Jack k8pet

            • k8pet
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 3, 2007

                > k8pet wrote:
                > > Earlier versions of fldigi worked great! With the 1.3 binary on
                > > Mandriva 2006, I am not getting expansion of the macros. Pressing a
                > > function key or clicking on the corresponding button places the raw
                > > text of the macro in the window to be sent i.e CQ CQ CQ de ^c ^c
                ^c etc.

                > > What am I missing here?
                > >
                > Macros for versions earlier than 1.3 need to be discarded. The macro
                > language has changed in order to allow a more text oriented approach to
                > creating the macros.
                >
                > Delete $HOME/.fldigi/macros.mdf
                >
                > Fldigi will create a new default set of macros for you the next time
                you
                > start the application. You can edit any macro my right clicking on the
                > macro button to open up a macro editor. When you close fldigi it will
                > ask whether you want to save the altered macros. You can either use
                the
                > default "macro.mdf" or a name or your choice.
                >
                > 73, Dave, W1HKJ

                thanks! your instructions solved the issue!
                73 Jack