Re: Can't get PTT to work with fldigi

  • dan s
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 2, 2010
      Bob

      As far as I know signalink USB senses the audio that it generates from what the computer's sending out the USB port (sorta like VOX) and fires it's PTT (relay) when it "hears" something. Does the PTT LED on the front panel of the signalink USB light up? If it doesn't I'd have to agree with the folks pointing at the sound setup. If that PTT LED does light up maybe your PTT jumper wire inside it has come askew?

      On my EEEPC w/ fldigi and Fedora12 I was clued in to a command? utility? whatever? called "alsamixer" that you run from a terminal window which allows one to pick the audio device you're wanting to adjust (mine shows up as "USB Audio CODEC") and crank it's output level up to 100%

      Good luck
      n0yzs