Re: [linuxham] Re: Problem with iMac Sound setup for Fldigi on my iMac

  • Steve - VA3SPH
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 4, 2010
      LineIn from rogue amoeba can do this. (Freeware)

      73
      Steve -VA3SPH

      On 2010-01-29, at 4:39 PM, Brian Lloyd wrote:

      On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 1:08 PM, ah6a <don.shook@gmail. com> wrote:

      Is there anything you might suggest I could try on my iMac that may
      allow me to hear the sound from the interal speakers on the flat panel screen? That is only the start. From there I will add the
      Rig Blaster connections and take it from there. I have all of my
      USB-to-Serial Port adapters working (3), so no problem there.

      You would need some sort of program that would take the audio input from the line-in and send it to the internal speakers. I suspect such a thing exists but I haven't encountered it. It would also have to not take-over the line-in device as that would be needed by fldigi.

      My solution? A splitter on the headphone-out on the radio.

      --
      73 de Brian, WB6RQN/J79BPL

    • Dick Kriss
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 4, 2010
        On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 1:08 PM, ah6a <don.shook@...> wrote:
        > Is there anything you might suggest I could try on my iMac that may
        > allow me to hear the sound from the interal speakers on the flat panel
        > screen? That is only the start. From there I will add the
        > Rig Blaster connections and take it from there. I have all of my
        > USB-to-Serial Port adapters working (3), so no problem there.

        Try a SignaLink USB rather than the Rig Blaster and you will not
        have that problem. This is one of many reasons why I am not
        fan of Rig Blasters for use with Mac computers and why Macs
        are not supported by the RB developer. When I was shopping
        around for an interface and they found out I was a Mac user they
        all but told me to kiss-off.

        Dick AA5VU