Re: [linuxham] Waterfall Settings

  • Dick Kriss
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 3 10:27 AM
      On 2/3/10 11:59 AM, "Roger G6CKR" <radio@...> wrote:

      > On Tue, 2010-02-02 at 19:25 -0600, Dick Kriss wrote:
      >>

      >> I have been messing around with the fldigi Waterfall settings to
      >> find the optimum numbers for my setup. I realize the default
      >> settings are 0 for Upper Signal Level and 70 for the Signal Range.
      >>
      >> When I use the 0 and 70 my waterfall is almost black and I find
      >> it takes a really strong signal to show up in yellow. If I change
      >> the Signal Level to ­5 to ­15 the background starts to turn blue
      >> and the signals seem easier to detect
      >>
      >> I wonder if I need to adjust my SignaLink USB to increase or
      >> decrease the audio input to fldigi?
      >>
      >> My setup is a Kenwood TS-570S via a SignaLink USB.
      >>
      >> I wonder what numbers others have found are the optimum
      >> WF settings?
      >>
      >> Dick AA5VU
      >>

      > Hi
      > Check menu 34 ( AF output level for digital operation) if using the rear
      > connector. Mine is set to 5 which gives a reasonable adjustment range on
      > the front rx control. Normal setting is then in the middle third of the
      > range of the control.
      > If I recall correctly there is a link that can be changed in the
      > SignaLink USB But I have to admit to forgetting if I changed it or not.
      > For Ref menu 33 sets the AF in via the rear connector Mine is set to 1
      > 73 Roger G6CKR

      Roger G6CKR,

      Good tip.... I just reset my SignaLink USB Rx control to 12 O'Clock (mid
      position and bumped up my TS-570S Menu #34 (RF Output) to 8 on the
      1 to 9 scale. Now I can get the expected looking waterfall on fldigi 3.13BV
      using the 0 and 60 settings.

      I think it depends on band conditions.

      Seems to be working great now

      73 Dick AA5VU