Re: [linuxham] Using FLdigi's Frequency Analysis mode in FMTs

  • D. Daniel McGlothin, KB3MUN
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 20, 2010
      > Wouldn't an app such as Baudline be a much better choice for
      frequency analysis...

      Thanks for the tip.

      As I noted in my comments, I'm only a beginner in this. While I do not
      have a audio signal generator the 'mature' method of beat frequency
      measurement, I do have FLdigi attached to my VHF & HF rigs. Also, as I
      learn more of the techniques, I'll be poking my nose more into the
      FLdigi internals.

      As I learned about FMTs, I decided I am not likely ever have the high
      octane milliHertz hardware, and will need to use software tools and old
      fashioned ingenuity. If I can consistently achieve measurements to +/-
      1 Hertz, I shall be satisfied for now.

      In my journey to date, I have become aware of Spectrum Lab and look
      forward to learning to use it; I will add Baudline to my list of tools
      to investigate.

      I am also making my first foray into SDR--I'm awaiting receipt of a
      Soft66lite, a purchase triggered by a recent thread. I expect I'll
      start with Linrad as the attendant software.

      So any other suggestions of tools or clever uses of them are welcome.

      73 de Daniel KB3MUN