Re: [linuxham] Issues with 3.12.5 In Kbuntu 9.10 with KDE 4.3.3 (AMD 64 bit)

  • Donald Walters
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 10, 2010
      FLDIGI sound card problems in 64 bit, kbuntu 9.10 karmic/kola appear to be resolved by a recent kernel upgrade release to 2.6.31-17-generic, at least foro alsa oss sound card use .

      The previous sound card problems  with loosing tx with either fldigi or gmsk  in 9.10 Kbuntu/Ubuntu when calling  firefox,  pidgin, vlc or other programs that use the sound card  appear to be resolved, at last for now

      I can now call qrz through firefox with the fldigi  call button now   without having to reboot to get tx back... which always terminated a deep dx contact.  I hope it lasts.

      Now I need to test and see if either portaudio or pulse audio are working.

      don
      w9dki